Our Solutions Page Intro
A Turnkey Approach to DAS
RSS delivers the full range of wireless solutions, and specialize in the design, optimization and deployment of robust DAS networks for any architecture. By partnering with other leaders in this emerging field, RSS can guarantee exceptional building-based & carrier-approved solutions for your current needs- and whatever the future may hold.
One Solution. All Wireless Services.
Considered one of the premier technology companies in the country, Repeated Signal Solutions has developed a nationwide reputation as a leading expert in the design, installation, commissioning, optimization, carrier coordination and operations of multi-service wireless networks. Our proven methodologies and experience typically result in a reduction of total wireless network cost of ownership by as much as 30%.
Public Safety Solutions
Public Safety Solutions
As of today, over 150 local municipalities mandate Public Safety Coverage. RSS’ Public Safety Solutions (also known as Emergency Responder Radio Coverage Systems – ERRCS) are wireless communications systems that are used by first responders and emergency services personnel such as police, fire, emergency medical, homeland security, and disaster response agencies (Federal, State, Local, etc) to both prevent and/or respond to situations that pose a threat to people or property.
Highlights of our Public Safety Practice:
‣ RSS’ complies with all National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA), International Fire Code (IFC) & International Code Council (ICC) standards.
‣ Public Safety Solutions are customized for every client’s needs. As each project is unique, RSS develops an understanding of not only the project scope of work, but the State, City and Local requirements required.
‣ Expertise in the research of the proper Radio Frequencies used in each State, County and City, as well as maintaining a knowledge base of local testing protocols.
‣ Meet all Federal, State, City and County fire and life safety codes and standards.
‣ RSS’ provides expertise by working with the Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) in the design, installation, testing and commissioning of the solution.
‣ The provision of NEMA-4 enclosures, required battery back-ups, annual testing and certification, ensuring frequencies are updated as codes change & real-time monitoring of the Public Safety Network.
‣ Compliance with Auxiliary Radio Communication System (ARCS) requirements in certain states and cities.
Managed Service Solutions
RSS Managed Service Solutions
Repeated Signal Solutions was one of the 1st in our industry to offer DAS as a Managed Service. This customer specific solution eliminates up-front capital expenditures (CAPEX) and exchanges it for an operational expense (OPEX) subscription model. Our Managed Service also provides for the proactive day-to-day management of the customer’s communications.
What is included in our offering:
‣ A defined set of solutions, services and deliverables provided to the customer for a committed timeframe. Includes SLA’s for certain defined services.
‣ A service that is pro-active and goes beyond reactive services such as break-fix maintenance. A managed service is not just maintenance and support.
‣ A service that is provided using dedicated remote and on-site resources. Reduction of on-going labor costs by outsourcing maintenance to RSS.
‣ Can include new equipment, solutions and upgrades of existing systems and infrastructure. RSS can even layer in our capabilities: benchmark studies, architectural DAS designs, expert processes, certifications, tools and Wireless Service Provider coordination, etc.
5 Step Path for Successful Wireless Deployment
RSS is proud of our trusted reputation for wireless design, engineering and deployment excellence in our industry. Since 2004, we have perfected our “5-Step Path for a Successful Wireless Deployment” that ensures every RSS wireless experience is a positive one.
- Phase 1: Discovery & Budgeting
‣ Review of Current Documentation, Schematics & Plans
‣ Target coverage areas & target WSPs (AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, Public Safety, Back-of-House 2-Way Radios, etc.)
‣ Define the Scope of Work (SoW)
‣ Identify & Coordinate Key Project Stakeholders
‣ Initial Budgeting Estimate & Quote Issuing for Design Phase
- Phase 2: Design
‣ Site Survey & Baseline Benchmark Testing
‣ Pre-Installation Walk (If Existing Building)
‣ Coverage Predictions (Heat Maps)
‣ iBWave DAS Design
‣ Work with Design Team to Establish Distribution Pathways, Spaces & Other Design Components
‣ DAS Construction SoW
‣ Bill of Materials Development & Firm DAS Quote
‣ On-Going Coordination Meetings
- Phase 3: Value Engineering & Constructing Drawings
‣ Code & Safety Documentation
‣ Value Engineering
‣ Coordination with Other Low Voltage Disciplines
‣ Architectural & Engineering (A&E) Drawings
‣ On-Site Project Management
‣ Fiber & Cable Pathway Designs (Vertical & Horizontal)
‣ Wireless Service Provider (WSP) Design Approval
- Phase 4: Project Management & Installation
‣ Kick-Off & Safety Meeting
‣ On-Site Project Management & Scheduling Coordination
‣ Passive & Active Materials Delivery, Installation & Turn-Up
‣ Wireless Service Providers Signal Integration
‣ Public Safety DAS (Fire & Life) Materials Delivery, Installation & Turn-Up
- Phase 5: Commissioning, Close-Out & Maintenance
‣ System Commissioning & Additional Optimizations
‣ Performance Verification
‣ System Documentation & As-Built’s
‣ Final Carrier Coordination & Testing
‣ Public Safety DAS Testing & Certification
‣ Approvals from Public Safety Teams
‣ On-Going Maintenance, Service Level Agreements (SLA), Upgrades & Support